PDA

View Full Version : Landing gear Max height

gcracker
08-22-2016, 03:40 AM
Anyone know the max height of the front landing gear on a 2014 Keystone?

chuckster57
08-22-2016, 04:22 AM
Your question is a bit vague. Do you mean the max extended length? Max clearance from the ground when retracted?

What model?

gcracker
08-22-2016, 10:49 AM
330rbk. Looking for the max length of the solid tube portion when it is extended. Dear wife is afraid of damage if I go to high.

I had to tow with a friend's 2wd truck so we are sort of stuck in unlevel spot but need to get front a bit higher now that the truck is unhooked and gone.

chuckster57
08-22-2016, 12:12 PM
If I remember right, the total stroke of the leg is 24". You can't over extend the legs.

WaltBennett
08-22-2016, 02:12 PM
You've probably got the single motor legs Keystone loves to use. The extendable parts (holes in them) can be dropped to their limits, although things get a bit wobbly afterwards. The inner square tubes will strip gears and other nasty things if you push them past their limits - only problem is that there's little notice when you get to that point. 24" sounds about right, but STOP if there's any straining kind of noise from the motor.

randy69
08-22-2016, 08:40 PM
That's why I carry two 4x12 x 16. Truck is high so I composite.

mtofell
08-25-2016, 10:43 PM
When over-extending, the worst that will happen is you blow a fuse. When I did that to mine I put some hash marks on the legs with an awl so I know when I'm almost there. It's important for me because the RV slip beside my house slopes down towards the back and I need the whole range of motion to lift the pin off my truck and then lower the front of the RV so it's level when not in use. This also has the benefit of dropping the nose down almost completely behind my gate so as not to be an eyesore. The low overhang of the 5th also make a perfect place to keep the lawnmower and kids bikes out of the rain.