PDA

View Full Version : Broken Window

cbramsey79
08-15-2016, 04:03 AM
Hey all, I have a 2015 270LE. Went to pick it up from storage for routine maintenance before a trip this weekend and arrived to find the top glass above the dinette was busted. It appears to be heat related as there is no other signs of forced entry or anything missing. We had some pretty heavy rains moving in and looks to rain all week so I taped plastic on the outside and inside of the window.

Now I need to order a window and I don't know the measurements. I can take the plastic off but we have some heavy storms moving through and hate to have to try and tape it back off in the rain. Does anyone by any chance know the measurements for this window. The sliding glass on the bottom is fine, it is the long oval on the top part.

Thanks in advance for any help.

chuckster57
08-15-2016, 04:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your damage. As far as I know, you have to order the entire window assembly. You can get the measurements from the inside, measure from the edge of the flange.

Replacement is easy. Remove the valence, and you will see all the screws around the edges. They go through the flange and into the window frame pulling it tight against the exterior wall. We use a second person when removing the window and installing the first corner screws. Make sure you get the proper gasket material on the new window so it doesn't leak.

Too late now but venting will reduce/prevent heat related window failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Toy
08-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Check with your Homeowners and RV insurance policies to see what's covered too!

Probably Kinro Windows, big bucks, for the whole assembly! I've heard of people successfully working with their local glass company for single pane fixes, but the tint may be off.

Good luck,

p.s. See if your storage lot has Closed Circuit TV. You might be surprised....

Alpine
08-15-2016, 04:19 PM
Here is an awesome video, if you are a DIY guy!

http://www.thervgeeks.com/replacement/replace-rv-window/