PDA

View Full Version : Hot Water line to Outside Faucet Leaks

Beech
08-14-2016, 06:06 AM
I found water in the storage area in my 300MP, and pulled the covers off to find the leak. It was the 1/4 inch PEX line that hooks hot water to the outside faucet. It was leaking just behind the outside faucet through the cone gasket. The problem is that I cannot find a replacement line or gasket. The hot water feed is 1/2" and so is the outside faucet, both are plastic. The PEX line is 1/4" (molded 1/2 to 1/4 adapter on both ends). This looks like a pre made 36 inch line with molded connectors on both ends. I have looked at PPL, Camping World, Lowe's, Home Depot, Plumbing Supply and cannot find a plastic replacement line. Looking for recommendations on what to use to replace the leaking line and where to find a replacement.

bobbecky
08-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Will this work? http://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-1-2-in-FIP-x-1-2-in-FIP-x-36-in-Braided-Polymer-Faucet-Connector-B8-36A-F/205214600

Beech
08-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Good suggestion! New question - is there any concern with using a metal connector on a plastic fitting? (metal to plastic)

BTW - there may not be any choice because I cannot find any plastic connectors or fittings - everything is metal (except the trailer which is 100% plastic)

bobbecky
08-15-2016, 11:20 AM
Shouldn't make any difference. You could put a little plumber's lube on the threads, but that isn't really needed. Just make sure the threads on the new hose assembly are actually the same as what you have in the trailer.