PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Pendant Light Replacement?

FlyingChief
08-13-2016, 03:52 AM
We're 7,700 miles into this summer's trip and we finally had some actual damage caused by the wonderful condition of our nation's interstate highways. We have two pendant lights that hang down over the kitchen island in our Raptor 355ts. Or should I say, had. Checked things over during a rest stop yesterday and found one of them hanging by the wires. The downrod had snapped off at the top where it goes into the part that's screwed to the ceiling. I often wondered about the torque that gets put on them as we travel down the road....and now I know. I removed the broken light and we will get by with just one until we get home. But now I need to think about what to do for replacement.

I can probably call Keystone and see about buying a direct replacement, but I'm thinking that this whole 'pendant' thing might be a mistake anyway. So I'm looking for ideas or suggestions from those of you who have actually replaced yours. What did you use and where did you buy them?

denverpilot
08-13-2016, 09:46 PM
Our chandelier over the kitchen table has some similar road damage after a few years. When it finally breaks enough that I care, I'll find something that stays flush with the roof. Anything hanging down is just going to get rocked in any of these trailers.

gearhead
08-14-2016, 04:13 AM
Same thing happened to us last year. The down rod broke at the base. Replaced by the dealer under warranty. If it happens again I'll replace with ceiling fixtures.