PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Bullet Lug Nuts?

tennisbum639
08-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Hi Folks, Just picked up a 2016 Keystone Bullet travel trailer (24 foot) that me and and my family have used for one camping trip. When we got home I was checking things out and was just hand checking the lug nuts when I noticed one of them I could push in and out ever so slightly. It felt like it was actually a cover rather than a lug nut. Almost a plastic feel to them. Do i need some tool to remove that or do I just have a loose lug nut that needs tightened asap? I couldn't turn it left or right just had some play forward and back. Any help would be appreciated I know next to nothing about these travel trailers. Thanks in advance.

JRTJH
08-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Most of Keystone's trailers that use steel wheels have "lug nut covers" installed. Almost always made of plastic, some are black, some are white and some are chrome. They simply "push onto" the lug nut to "make it pretty"... They serve no practical purpose (other than to maybe keep dirt off the lug nut and threads).

Usually you can pull them off with pliers or use a flat blade screwdriver to get behind them and "pop" them off. There is a "special tool" available to remove them. If you're "mostly left thumbs" it might be a good idea to get the tool rather than "destroy those plastic caps" with a set of "clutzey pliers"....

Here's one link to the type of tool you'd need: https://www.iowa80.com/pd/universal-lug-nut-cover-puller/06990/?itemdesc=Universal%20Lug%20Nut%20Cover%20Puller&gclid=CLqd0quIuM4CFQqPaQodt14MFA

tennisbum639
08-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I will check out that tool. I'm not totally left thumbs but I don't want to hurt my new baby either. Thanks again!

Desert185
08-13-2016, 06:48 AM
My enclosed utility trailer had those. I tossed the silly things.

Rber1234
01-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Wanting to put McGard wheel locks on my Premier 22RBPR with factory aluminum wheels. Anyone know what size I need to get. They have M15, M12 with 1.25, 1.5 or 2 inch thread listed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks