PDA

View Full Version : Galley Plumbing Clogged

tmac56
08-10-2016, 03:28 PM
My galley is on the side on the TT over the axles and I noticed when I walk towards the galley sink grey water surges up out of both drains.

When I stop it settles down.

I tried vinegar and baking soda and lots of hot water but no joy.

Cant be the U trap because it surges up into the sink when I am a few feet away.

Toilet and bathroom sink drain perfectly.

Anyone sent a plumbers snake down a RV's galley drain pipe ? It should be inch and a half.

hankpage
08-10-2016, 06:06 PM
No need for a snake. The trap is assembled hand tight .... just place a bucket under it and remove it to see if it is blocked.
Is your galley tank empty???? Is it separate from the bathroom gray tank????
If none of the above ... remove the cheater valve (mechanical vent) under the sink and see if the water still surges from the drains with it removed. If that stops it, the valve needs to be replaced. (Under $10. at home stores plumbing supplies)
Since you have put chemicals in the drain ... be sure to wear gloves and protect your eyes when working on the pipes.

I hope this helps ... let us know the outcome, Hank

tmac56
08-11-2016, 04:28 AM
I did screw off the cheater valve and these was drain water in there right to the brim. Tightened it up but no change. I will get a couple of those cheater valves - keep one in my spare kit. Will let you know how I do after I go up to the "Coog" this weekend.

Terry

JRTJH
08-11-2016, 05:23 AM
I did screw off the cheater valve and these was drain water in there right to the brim. Tightened it up but no change. I will get a couple of those cheater valves - keep one in my spare kit. Will let you know how I do after I go up to the "Coog" this weekend.

Terry

It almost sounds like you've got a full galley gray tank. So, to question that, have you dumped all THREE (3) tanks by pulling all THREE (3) valve handles under the trailer? There should be two valve handles close together behind the slide for the bathroom and one further forward (probably under the slide) for the galley gray tank.

On my Cougar (east coast model) the three tanks use the same "dump connection" but I've seen a number of different models that have a separate "dump connection" next to the forward dump valve handle.

Is it possible that you've never dumped the galley gray tank and it's completely full?????

Tom N OH
08-11-2016, 03:41 PM
Looking at the specs for that year & model, there should be a second grey water tank for the galley only. Start looking for that 3rd dump handle. No snake needed. Although, I'm betting if the handle were a snake, you'd have already been bitten.

Alpine
08-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Tom N... you are cracking me up with the snake analogy! I'm with you and JRTJH on the separate gray tank.

jkohler70
08-12-2016, 04:13 AM
According to the specs for your rig, the gray water capacity is 76 gallons. That is certainly 2 gray tanks. I agree with others - your galley tank is full.

Ken / Claudia
08-12-2016, 10:13 AM
I agree with others since you never said anything about dumping the galley tank before. Find the valve and open it. Nearly every word you used pointed to a full tank, not a backed up pipe.

Ken / Claudia
08-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Let us know how you fixed the problem. So, others will learn.

tmac56
06-14-2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks to all for your help and ideas and I apologize for not responding sooner. Life got in the way. You were right - it was full but I am suspicious of how loose that pull/push valve rod is.

Many thanks to all

PARAPTOR
06-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Better to have loose pull hndles then tight, believe me

chuckster57
06-14-2017, 06:09 PM
As long as the tank doesn't leak past the seals, enjoy the easy pull valve.