PDA

View Full Version : dometic fridge to cold

skdooman2004
08-10-2016, 05:43 AM
dometic 2652 fridge to cold, slide on fin is down, keeps bursting pop cans and freezing water bottles, its plugged in to 110. it has automatic temp control

JRTJH
08-10-2016, 06:26 AM
It sounds like you've got a bad thermistor, but before you change it, one "trick" you might try is to remove the thermistor from the fin, clean it by sliding a piece of paper through the slot and then move it over to the left a couple of fins. That may do the trick, if not, move it a couple more fins. If that will work, it'll do it by about 6 or 8 fins. If not, then you need to replace the thermistor. That's a simple change using the existing wires and connecting a new thermistor. There is a "replacement kit" available from an aftermarket company that includes a "rotary knob" thermostat that you can set. I don't have any experience with that kit, but have heard "good things" about it. Personally, I'd try moving the thermistor, if that doesn't work, then getting a Dometic replacement.

Good Luck

Tom N OH
08-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Everybody else in the world complains about their RV fridge not getting cold enough & this guy rubs their nose in the fact that his gets too cold. LOL. It had to be said. I agree with JRTJH.

Pull Toy
08-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Can I keep my beer at his place? LOL

Probably as stated bad thermistor.

Good luck,

twindad99
08-14-2016, 06:31 AM
It sounds like you've got a bad thermistor, but before you change it, one "trick" you might try is to remove the thermistor from the fin, clean it by sliding a piece of paper through the slot and then move it over to the left a couple of fins. That may do the trick, if not, move it a couple more fins. If that will work, it'll do it by about 6 or 8 fins. If not, then you need to replace the thermistor. That's a simple change using the existing wires and connecting a new thermistor. There is a "replacement kit" available from an aftermarket company that includes a "rotary knob" thermostat that you can set. I don't have any experience with that kit, but have heard "good things" about it. Personally, I'd try moving the thermistor, if that doesn't work, then getting a Dometic replacement.

Good Luck

I replaced my thermistor with the adjustable one and have had no issues since then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bmach
08-16-2016, 07:59 PM
You can adjust the location of the sensor on the fins. That will change the temperature of the fridge.

ctbruce
08-17-2016, 02:14 AM
Everybody else in the world complains about their RV fridge not getting cold enough & this guy rubs their nose in the fact that his gets too cold. LOL. It had to be said. I agree with JRTJH.
Was thinking exactly the same thing but some reason my filter kicked in and worked! Maybe for those with warm fridges, they could move their thermistor too? LOL

This was good information. Thanks for sharing.

Chip Bruce, RPH
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

bmach
08-17-2016, 12:00 PM
By adjusting the position I should have added move up or down.