PDA

View Full Version : Cable hook up in bedroom

buckster
08-04-2016, 01:43 PM
The bedroom has three cable hook ups in the bed room. The single one is for the amp on the roof antenna. The other two has a jumper connecting the two together. What are they for.

Tom N OH
08-05-2016, 01:46 PM
It all depends on what model you have & how it is wired. In my Montana HC 305RL, One of those is the cable/satellite "In" from the convenience center, the other goes to the TV hookup in the basement. You put the jumper in place to route cable/satellite to the TV in the basement. Yours may or may not be the same. There is no standard in any of these units & each one is different.

Pull Toy
08-05-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm just guessing, but I'd venture the single unused jack is for the bedroom TV. The jumpered jacks probably act as a pass thru to the Main TV, and then the basement outlet for outside viewing, if you have one. Turn off your amplifier if you're on cable, it's a Cable/Antenna choice only.

If you have a friend in the Phone Co., he can tone it out for you.

Good luck,

Tom N OH
08-05-2016, 03:25 PM
I bought a tool at Menard's, I'm sure Lowe's & Home depot will have something similar, to test TV/Internet cables that helped me trace all of the cables in my 5er.