PDA

View Full Version : Roof Seal

LarrySharon
08-03-2016, 03:14 PM
How long do you think a roof sealant generally lasts on a new TT?

chuckster57
08-03-2016, 05:45 PM
That's a loaded question. Depends on where the trailer is kept, how often its cleaned, what the environment is where it is..... is there anything specific your looking for?

LarrySharon
08-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Well actually this the weather conditions, I live in the N.W. so a lot of rain. In winter I will have it covered. Stored outside in the elements. Will be have a trailer port built for it but not sure when that will be, either this year or next for sure. But did not know what I could expect from a new unit.

hankpage
08-03-2016, 07:12 PM
On a new unit .... inspect the roof closely before signing and any seals that do not meet your approval, have the dealer fix.
I bought my '07 new .... clean and inspect my roof twice a year and have only touched up small spots twice but never had a leak. The trailer has never been covered, is always exposed to salt air and sun-light and the roof still looks good and I expect it to stay that way for many years to come.
Keep it clean and inspected and it will last a long time. JM2¢, Hank

sourdough
08-05-2016, 08:49 AM
x2 ^^

A lot of things can fail on a trailer but one of the worst, if not the worst, would be the roof.

Check it a couple of times a year. Look for nicks, dries spots, pull aways etc. and spot repair if needed. You need to also clean it. I have new sealant applied once a year at the dealership and the trailer is always in storage unless I'm using it.