PDA

View Full Version : Heads up regarding U-Tube

jsmith948
08-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Tires, Tires, Tires section.
Just received my CyberSam e-mail and it includes a U-Tube video featuring Sean & Kristy from "The Long Long Honeymoon".

In general, this young couple dispense some pretty good 'tips' on do's and don'ts of RVing. However, the part that I wanted to issue a heads up on was Sean's tip regarding trailer tire pressures. He states that, during hot weather, he lowers his air pressure to allow for the increase in pressure due to heat build up. Claims he has eliminated blow-outs by doing this. Just further proof to validate my opinion that anything you read or video you see on the internet should be taken with the proverbial 'grain of salt'.:p

bsmith0404
08-03-2016, 03:15 PM
That's funny. I wonder how he knows that he has avoided blow out by using this method.....

jsmith948
08-04-2016, 04:42 AM
Since posting yesterday, I watched their video a second time. They also talk about our rigs having 2 braking systems and we should always apply the trailer brakes first. I take back my comment about how they generally offer some good 'tips'. This couple just might get someone hurt or killed with their advice.:(

SAABDOCTOR
08-04-2016, 06:35 AM
I have a sign on my desk at my shop. "Don't confuse your Google search with my expertise" I hope these two survive to retirement it will be a tough journey for them.