PDA

View Full Version : Awning replacement

dwall
07-21-2016, 03:41 PM
I need to replace the fabric on my awning. The mechanism works fine but the material needs replacing. I have watched several videos and read many articles on this. My question is should I tackle this myself or just pay to have it done. I am very mechanically minded but sometimes that gets me in over my head. Anyone out there done this? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry1013
07-26-2016, 03:21 PM
You can do it as a DIY project but you need additional help. As you noticed it is not a one man job and I would say it is not a husband and wife job for many obvious reasons.

If you do not have any decent help that is similar mechanical aptitude, tools, scaffolding, etc, then I would pay to have it replaced. You could buy your own fabric and just pay the labor to replace it.

first time 5er
07-26-2016, 03:29 PM
i watched this guy do it by himself and next week i will replace mine. it seems if you take it slow and have a system like this guy, it shouldn't be too bad. its also good to have help just in case. he he
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z-1ihetUvs

B-O-B'03
07-26-2016, 07:36 PM
i watched this guy do it by himself and next week i will replace mine. it seems if you take it slow and have a system like this guy, it shouldn't be too bad. its also good to have help just in case. he he
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z-1ihetUvs

I think he doubled the value of the RV, by adding the new awning fabric :eek:

-Brian

first time 5er
07-27-2016, 02:07 PM
He makes it look easy. I have the same make and model as the video
I'm sure i will run into some difficulties but i will not let a bunch of nuts and bolts and fabric beat me!:thumbsup:

first time 5er
08-06-2016, 03:07 PM
OK I replaced mine today. I did it by myself and it took about 4 hours. It would have been quicker if i had a hand but i wasn't in a rush anyway (tx)
I did setup the laptop and just took it one step at a time.
To be honest i thought it was going to be worse