PDA

View Full Version : 5th Airborne pin box?

RichardLBrown1947
07-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Is there a 5th Airborne or similar shock-absorbing pin box that will fit my 2007 Everest 295T? I bought it used and it has a Fadex slider extended pin box on it now. My RV repair facility said it was putting a lot of wear on the box receiver area. I would like to put an airbag type of pin box on but not having any luck finding one that will fit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

spicercars
07-23-2016, 02:52 AM
I have a trail air on my raptor and I love it. Since you don't have the original pin box on your camper it might be hard to find the right one to fit. The original pin box would have a number on it making it easy to replace. You might try finding somebody with the same year and model and get the pin box number? Good luck.

Dave W
07-23-2016, 04:03 AM
IIRC this vintage Montana and about everyone else originally used the 72 degree pin box. I know MORryde still has a rubber box and 5th Airborne had a replacement as well - but they may have been discontinued with the later extended pieces all manufacturer's seem use now.

If interested, do a Google using these terms in your 'puters search box: MORryde pin box RPB72-AB72-05. That will give you a MORryde chart of their available replacements plus at least give you an idea of what is there currently as they do list FABEX.

bobbecky
07-23-2016, 09:17 PM
If you go to their site, you can see all the specs for the various models, and should be able to get the right one. http://www.reeseprod.com/products/pin-boxes/5th-airborne/uW9rVuV4JAgiSl6II%7C%7CjiTrFHBCI%7Crwk

RichardLBrown1947
07-26-2016, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. After MUCH research and talking to Reese, Keystone, Lippert, MorRyde and eTrailer, this pin box configuration should NOT exist. The trailer requires a 12" wide box (Lippert 1621), but it has the 3 vertical rows of bolt holes on the side plates. Those will only fit 12 1/2 wide pin boxes. After consulting a hitch store, we are going to have to adapt a 1621 type pin box to the existing side plates by re-drilling mounting holes. Everyone says this configuration shouldn't exist!

Cblackmon
06-03-2017, 04:00 PM
I have the same problem with my 2007 Everest what did you do to resolve the problem