PDA

View Full Version : 16 Passport, LED lights?

camperbrian
07-20-2016, 08:05 AM
I noticed on my Passport brochure( dated Nov 15) that it says my model 2810 bh has led interior lights. My 16 Pass port does not have leds and I'm wondering why? I have contact Keystone, but no reply yet...Does anyone here have a 16 with LEDs?

Tbos
07-20-2016, 08:26 AM
My 2016 Passport 2810 did not come with them either. I bought aftermarket from Amazon and installed them. There are almost always mistakes in the brochures. On my 1st TT the brochure's picture showed my model with ducted AC. It didn't have it. Some 2016 2810s have the sink diagonal to the door. Others have it perpendicular. I'm not sure what drives the changes but there isn't always a rhyme or reason that is evident.

PhilDeb
07-20-2016, 10:27 AM
My 2890rl had all LED except the dining room light. Replaced those with LED last week.

camperbrian
07-20-2016, 10:49 AM
Here's to hoping Keystone replaces them!👍🏼😁

Tbos
07-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Let us know what they say. Any chance you can post a picture of the place in the brochure it says that.

camperbrian
07-20-2016, 04:52 PM
here are the pics of the brochure

camperbrian
07-20-2016, 04:58 PM
on another note tbos, I think it was you that posted somewhere about checking water lines under the bunk, sure enough... a puddle of water formed in front of the pantry/wardrobe. I unscrewed the wood for the bottom bunk and the fittings that turn on were not tight and leaking!
(sorry to change the subject)

outwest
07-20-2016, 10:09 PM
There was a similar sort of change on the Vantage. The brochure said it had a radius shower curtain, but at least some models didn't come with it (the bath layout of the 32FLS won't accommodate a curved shower rod).

On the brochures, they normally have a disclaimer in tiny print that says, "Product information is as accurate as possible as of the date of publication of this brochure. Features, floor plans, and specifications are subject to change without notice."

I don't know the whys on the LED lights, but they did have a recall for some awhile back because of electrical noise, and the model of LED light that was used on the Vantage (a recessed 4" diameter light fixture) is no longer available for some reason.

Of course, it could also simply be a case of the supplier running out of stock on them and Keystone had to substitute something (instead of waiting for more to come in from China) because of having RVs on the assembly line.

TAZ23
07-21-2016, 01:03 AM
I noticed on my Passport brochure( dated Nov 15) that it says my model 2810 bh has led interior lights. My 16 Pass port does not have leds and I'm wondering why? I have contact Keystone, but no reply yet...Does anyone here have a 16 with LEDs?

Your 16 Passport may have been produced before the change over took place. They start making next years models quite early in the year (the 2017 models have been showing up on dealer lots for several months already). There will be a manufacture date on the outside front of your trailer.
Keystone and other manufacturers have been known to make mid year changes. Our 2015 Cougar was made in September of 2014. The brochure says it has stainless steel appliances and the pictures in the brochure show a stainless steel stove and microwave. In our trailer we have the Stainless stove, but the microwave is black. The dealer offered to exchange it if we wanted to before we purchased it.

Tbos
07-21-2016, 08:27 AM
on another note tbos, I think it was you that posted somewhere about checking water lines under the bunk, sure enough... a puddle of water formed in front of the pantry/wardrobe. I unscrewed the wood for the bottom bunk and the fittings that turn on were not tight and leaking!

(sorry to change the subject)

Glad you were able to catch it early. Run the AC and possibly a dehumidifier to help dry everything out.

busterbrown
07-21-2016, 10:12 AM
Your 16 Passport may have been produced before the change over took place. They start making next years models quite early in the year (the 2017 models have been showing up on dealer lots for several months already). There will be a manufacture date on the outside front of your trailer.
Keystone and other manufacturers have been known to make mid year changes.

That's exactly the case. Mid-year changes seem to happen to production units in the fall. Case in point, the 2016 Bullet I bought in March 2016 (manufactured in Feb 2016) is the identical unit sold as a 2017 two months later. VINs changed around April 2016 to reflect it. Everything else about the trailers are the same. I think manufacturers coordinate and showcase these mid-year changes at the fall and winter RV shows. Kindda makes sense.

camperbrian
09-08-2016, 05:45 AM
So just an update on this, I had to send pics of my lights in to Keystone customer service and then they were just waiting on the service manager for a response. It's been some time and now I'm not getting any response. I just want explanation from them and now they are ignoring me probably hoping I go away. So now I wondering if I should get my dealer involved. I feel if the brochure shows a feature that my TT is supposed to have then it should have it, otherwise what's the point?

Tbos
09-08-2016, 09:24 AM
I think I'd get the dealer involved. Sometimes they prefer to deal with them. Good luck.

JRTJH
09-08-2016, 09:49 AM
So just an update on this, I had to send pics of my lights in to Keystone customer service and then they were just waiting on the service manager for a response. It's been some time and now I'm not getting any response. I just want explanation from them and now they are ignoring me probably hoping I go away. So now I wondering if I should get my dealer involved. I feel if the brochure shows a feature that my TT is supposed to have then it should have it, otherwise what's the point?

You might want to at least discuss the issue with your dealer. Keystone doesn't usually send parts or provide technical assistance to owners, rather they deal, for the most part, exclusively with their dealer network. I've never heard of them "sending replacement parts" to any owner as a solution for a "swap for parts that should have been installed". I'm really surprised that the customer service rep you talked to didn't immediately refer you to your dealer for assistance.

Incidentally, the 2016 Passport brochure has this "out for Keystone" on the back cover (page 16) of the brochure: "Product information is as accurate as possible at the date of publication of this brochure. Features, floor plans, and specifications are subject to change without notice."

While you might be able to get your dealer to intervene and convince Keystone to give you replacement lights, if I were you, I'd start looking for replacement LED assemblies at a reasonable price and not wait for Keystone to come through, chances are you're knocking on a door that they simply won't answer.....

Good Luck if you do decide to push on with your request.

Hankintu
09-09-2016, 03:17 AM
Can anyone confirm that the ceiling lights are universal on all of the units? If someone has already replaced with LEDs, is there a link to where to get the correct LED bulbs or a manufacturer and part number?

JRTJH
09-09-2016, 03:49 AM
Can anyone confirm that the ceiling lights are universal on all of the units? If someone has already replaced with LEDs, is there a link to where to get the correct LED bulbs or a manufacturer and part number?

On three different Cougar models, 2014, 2015 and 2016 I've seen different light fixtures used on the main ceiling lights. All of them within a specific trailer were the same, but from trailer to trailer they were not all the same model or even the same brand of light. The actual light fixtures were very similar, but the clear plastic dome covers had a different "refractor mold" on them.

It's my understanding that Keystone will order enough components to build the "anticipated run" of trailers in a given year, and if the actual demand is greater, they will try to negotiate for the additional components, but often the supplier can't get the identical item from China, or if Keystone can buy a similar item from a different component supplier at a cheaper price, you'll find a "mid year change" once the original supply of components is used up. So, to answer your question, on some models you "MAY" find the same light fixtures throughout the model year run and on others you'll "PROBABLY" notice that they aren't all the same through the year.

The only "sure way" that I know of to get the correct (OEM) LED assemblies or replacement lights is to remove the fixture, find the identification tag and use that information to look for replacements. If you go to a RV supply store, you'll find that there are a number of different lights, many that "look the same" until you get them side by side and you'll realize that the corners are different, switch sizes are different, clear covers have different types of molded lines, colors are different and even the type of bulb used is different. So, don't rely on your "memory of what the lights look like", chances are you'll get something that's close, but when installed side by side, isn't exactly the same......

B-O-B'03
09-09-2016, 11:46 AM
My 22RBPR has these ceiling lights in it:

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5804/21449880309_934d71aa8d_z.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5708/21449880609_cb3dd29aaf_z.jpg

It is hard to tell, because there was no photo available but I think this might be them, from trekwood LED ceiling light (http://www.trekwood.com/products/331980/Light-Ceiling-12V-LED-Puck-24-Chip-Surface-Mount)

-Brian

Tbos
09-09-2016, 03:00 PM
I bought LEDs from Amazon and have used them for over a year with only one failure.

poppin_fresh
09-11-2016, 08:49 AM
My 274BHS was made in August of last year and has some 2016 features and some 2015. This is a little odd since the 274 was a new for 2016 model.

For example it has the awning with LED lighting which was 2016 feature, but does not have interior LED lights, the 2016 blue graphics, or the 2016 style sofa with the nicer looking stitching.

It also appears that later 16's had doors to access the storage under the dinette without pulling the cushions. That would have been nice.

busterbrown
09-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Most late 2016 builds (Sept 2015 to Mar 2016) were optioned with interior LED's. Generally speaking I think that 2015 and 2016 solidified the LED conversion among all brands of RVs. Going forward from 2017 and beyond, incandescent lighting will be talked about like 8 track tapes and betamax.

spdracr39
09-11-2016, 11:24 AM
In order to forfill the brochure ad they would only have to have one interior light fixture with 2 bulbs that are LED. Are you sure none of them are led's?

campertime
09-16-2016, 07:50 AM
It's time to start shopping for some LED replacements for your fixtures. KRV is completely covered by the disclaimer in the brochure.

They usually build the units with previous year items until it runs out. then they start building with the new parts.

I experienced a similar experience with my Passport. The control/switch panel in my trailer is white... everything else in the trailer is black. The brochure showed a black panel. Every other 2015 Passport I saw that year had a black panel. Dealer contacted Keystone... Keystone referred to the disclaimer in the brochure and told them early production models received white panels until stock was depleted.

A new black panel was like $180... I said forget it.

Justvisiting2day
09-17-2016, 11:42 AM

#1 you will be lucky to get a responce from KS.
#2 I get all my LEDs from Batteries Plus 10 lights 150 bucks.
# 3 staye happy
Cheers
:D

spokedintheeye
09-18-2016, 10:15 AM
My 2016 didn't appear to have LED lighting. I had to pull off the covers to confirm. In doing so I found most were LED but some others were not. Anyway I was quite happy to see that I had LED in the TT. I did complain to the dealer about another feature that was listed in the brochure was not installed in my trailer. They also pointed to the fine print saying not all features may be there.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk