PDA

View Full Version : Light globe for ceiling fan combo

AlpineOppa
07-14-2016, 04:03 PM
I haven't been on this forum for a while but now I need some help. I have a 2014 Alpine 5thW 3010 RE. The glass light globe for the living rm ceiling fan is broken and I can't find a replacement. The fan/light combo has no visible make or manufacture. I suppose I could order one through a dealer or repair shop, but would rather order direct. Any information?

Harleyhop
07-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Try http://www.trekwood.com/index.php
They have just about any part you would need for your Alpine.
Good Luck "bouncey:

AlpineOppa
07-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Try http://www.trekwood.com/index.php

They have just about any part you would need for your Alpine.

Good Luck "bouncey:

Thanks bouncy I'll give them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbecky
07-14-2016, 10:11 PM
If the globe is not available, most ceiling fan/light combos have the light fixture added to the fan unit. This being the case, you should be able to find a compatible light fixture at most big box stores, maybe even something nicer than what came in the rig.

AlpineOppa
07-14-2016, 11:33 PM
If the globe is not available, most ceiling fan/light combos have the light fixture added to the fan unit. This being the case, you should be able to find a compatible light fixture at most big box stores, maybe even something nicer than what came in the rig.

I tried that first but the globe is made specifically for this unit - in that it twists on to the fixture. Its not like any residential units that I've ever installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbecky
07-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Not saying to find a new globe, but the entire light fixture below the fan.

Dave W
07-18-2016, 06:25 PM
I found the perfect solution for ours when it started making a scraping noise - a trip to Lowe's and about 60 bucks later I had a stronger fan, a better light and a much nicer globe. In less then an hour it was changed out. I only wish that I had gotten the one with the larger diameter, 54 or 60 inch blade set for not much more. Oh and that fan, it is 120VAC, not 12VDC:D Keystone was supposed to warranty reimburse me but 18 months later, not holding my breath:confused: