PDA

View Full Version : Possible Condensation Drip in roof

silverbullet18
07-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Has anyone ever heard of ducted air vents dripping in the ceiling. Every time the air cuts off I hear what sounds like drip in the ceiling. Not sure
if it is just something expanding and contracting with the hot and cold but its driving me nuts. Cant get the vent off but did take a speaker out that is right beside the vent. While I didnt feel a wet ceiling there was a small bit of moisture on top what I think is the vent duct between that and the insulation. Is this normal on a hot day?

Lee
07-14-2016, 02:07 PM
The a/c unit on the roof will naturally drip water,.... could you be hearing the drip(which is outside on top of roof) from the inside?

Do you have any water marks on the ceiling? Hopefully not.

Please check back with your results,

silverbullet18
07-14-2016, 03:39 PM
No that's not it. The outside drain is working like its supposed to. No water marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boz405TS
07-27-2016, 04:45 PM
Mines doing the same thing, saw a little rust on a light fixture so I removed it...
The ducts running through the ceiling were covered with condensation, like soaking wet with water, I don't have any ceiling stains yet, but have only used it a few times in the summer. Seems like they may not have used enough insulation on the ducting.

bobbecky
07-27-2016, 07:57 PM
The condensate water can leak into the ceiling, if the A/C unit isn't pulled down tight on the roof, and the water can get under the gasket between the A/C and the roof. Had that happen on our rig a couple years ago, and had to remove the inside cover and tightened the four screws that hold the A/C unit tight, and no more leak.

bsmith0404
07-28-2016, 04:19 AM
The condensate water can leak into the ceiling, if the A/C unit isn't pulled down tight on the roof, and the water can get under the gasket between the A/C and the roof. Had that happen on our rig a couple years ago, and had to remove the inside cover and tightened the four screws that hold the A/C unit tight, and no more leak.

I had the same thing happen in a previous unit. I now check the AC bolts every spring when dewinterizing.

bdaniel
07-28-2016, 06:05 AM
I have the same problem. I removed the inside plastic on a roof vent for something so I ran my hand around an adjacent AC duct in the roof. At a joint it was covered in condensation. Probably not enough duct tape and air was escaping. I don't have a clue how to fix this without removing the ceiling paneling.

I am really tired of the shoddy workmanship in this unit. I wish the Japanese made an RV. They would clean up.

Bobby

Tom N OH
07-28-2016, 05:35 PM
It's that great Amish craftsmanship. They don't use 'em, so what do they care if it's done right or not...