PDA

View Full Version : How high is it?

Forrest
07-14-2016, 11:58 AM
I have a 2005 Keystone Hornet 245 RK. Can anyone tell me what the height is? I do not want to get on the roof.

cpaulsen
07-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Only way to knows to measure it.....find somebody will to get on the roof and use a 2x4 and lay it on the highest part of the trailer/vent or whatever and measure to the ground."bouncey:

Tbos
07-14-2016, 05:45 PM
You could post with the name of your rig in the title of the post. Maybe it will catch an owner's eye and someone will have the info. I'm guessing you've tried to search the internet for the 2005 specs.

gkainz
07-18-2016, 06:29 AM
from the ground, you could measure to the roof line at the a/c shroud. Then you ought to be able to find the a/c shroud height from your literature or google search. Those 2 measurements should tell you want you want to know without climbing up on the roof (assuming your a/c shroud is your highest point).

JRTJH
07-18-2016, 10:17 AM
from the ground, you could measure to the roof line at the a/c shroud. Then you ought to be able to find the a/c shroud height from your literature or google search. Those 2 measurements should tell you want you want to know without climbing up on the roof (assuming your a/c shroud is your highest point).

Don't forget that the roof trusses are curved (with the center of the roof being 3-4" higher on some models). If you're going to do the "Measure the side and add the A/C shroud height, you could be off by enough "inches" to hit your A/C "dead center" on that overpass................... Just saying.......

gkainz
07-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Don't forget that the roof trusses are curved (with the center of the roof being 3-4" higher on some models). If you're going to do the "Measure the side and add the A/C shroud height, you could be off by enough "inches" to hit your A/C "dead center" on that overpass................... Just saying.......

good point ... :D
I guess if one can't get on the roof, or hire a teenager to climb up and hold a tape measure, one could drive under progressively lower bridges until just before "you don't fit". The trick is to stop at the bridge "just before" ??? :D

JRTJH
07-18-2016, 11:22 AM
good point ... :D
I guess if one can't get on the roof, or hire a teenager to climb up and hold a tape measure, one could drive under progressively lower bridges until just before "you don't fit". The trick is to stop at the bridge "just before" ??? :D

LOL or buy a "wedge shaped RV", that way you can always back out, provided you don't get "wedged in too tight" :bfart:

roadglide
07-19-2016, 06:41 AM
I used a straight edge and level on the ac 13,1 as advertised , thinking about it the height needs to be redone because of the new sailun tires going up in size from 80to 85.

swanson
07-19-2016, 01:36 PM
I used an 8 ft 2x4 with a 6 ft level taped to the 2x4. Climbed up a stepladder put the 2x4 on the A/C (that was the high point) shroud and had the wife pull a 16 ft tape to the ground and I had the measurement for how tall the unit is.

hankaye
07-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Howdy All;

The top of the a/c won't work for me as the a/c is at the rear of the RV. I have to use
the overhead vent for the bedroom. Folks need to find the highest point and measure
that. not just the a/c's top.

hankaye

rhagfo
07-23-2016, 06:31 AM
I used an 8 ft 2x4 with a 6 ft level taped to the 2x4. Climbed up a stepladder put the 2x4 on the A/C (that was the high point) shroud and had the wife pull a 16 ft tape to the ground and I had the measurement for how tall the unit is.

This is a 5er, you can't go by listed height, or others height as the height is based on how tall the TV is!

The step ladder, is a good solution, as long as it is tall enough. To know your height for sure you must measure!

notanlines
07-23-2016, 11:14 AM
It may have already been mentioned, but be sure your are hooked to your TV when measuring.....

Yak
07-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Sooner or later you need to check, clean and reseal the roof