PDA

View Full Version : slide leaking

Fishon
07-13-2016, 09:54 AM
I have a 2014 outback 5th,296frs.The bedroom slide leaks really bad.Any thoughts.

drdarrin
07-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Well the obvious question is, have you inspected your seals on the slide? It might be as simple as one is not deployed properly when you deployed your slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishon
07-13-2016, 12:17 PM
the seals are all good,and it leaks more when the slide is in,also gets wet on bottom shelf inside of slide

Tbos
07-13-2016, 03:24 PM
the seals are all good,and it leaks more when the slide is in,also gets wet on bottom shelf inside of slide

I'd start with checking the seal around the window. Another camper I met said he had an issue with water coming in around trim on the lower edge of a slide. If you can't see any possible water entry points you may not have a choice but to work with someone and do the hose test on each area one at a time until you find the leak. Good luck.

audio1der
07-14-2016, 01:45 PM
We just had a mobile tech seal the trim against the body of the trailer TO the body. Tough to believe the factory either didn't think it needed to be sealed or that they missed it!?
The seals never had a chance as water passed between the body & trim, before the seal. It's worth a look to check for you.

Tbos
07-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Glad you were able to get it fixed. Enjoy the rest of the season.