PDA

View Full Version : Whisper Quiet AC not so much

StacyB
07-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Went on our annual summer trip, turned on AC and immediately thought AC was coming through roof. Although it was shaking the camper really bad and noisy, unit worked ok. However on day 3, it became worse. So I climbed on roof, took cover off and found one of the studs that connect the fan to the compressor broken. Camper is a year old and we been on a dozen or so trips with no issues. I rigged it up best I could and limped through the week. Headed to dealership for repair, hopefully under warranty. Anybody else have this issue or am I just lucky?

JRTJH
07-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Did you have to pay extra for that option? Hmmmmm

Maybe your dealership can get you a replacement without the optional vibrator ???

Seems not much is being built today that's as sturdy as the "old stuff"......

bobbecky
07-12-2016, 04:33 PM
If the A/C is a Dometic, they have a two year warranty, so Dometic should be good for it. Don't even bother with Keystone. We had our front A/C fail within the first year of ownership, and Camping World just worked with Dometic and it was fully covered.

StacyB
07-18-2016, 06:28 AM
The dealer did not charge extra for the vibration, they threw that in for free.
We are filing under the Dometic warranty. Seems like there are a lot of campers with AC issues.

Gandy Dancer
07-21-2016, 04:10 PM
With the problems with AC being fairly common and not retired yet so only using the camper mostly in the summer what are your thoughts on the extended contract from dometic on the AC units.
I purchased a new High Country 370BR in May and just got the extended offer in the mail for the two ACs.

gearhead
07-24-2016, 05:27 AM
With the problems with AC being fairly common and not retired yet so only using the camper mostly in the summer what are your thoughts on the extended contract from dometic on the AC units.
I purchased a new High Country 370BR in May and just got the extended offer in the mail for the two ACs.
I bought the extended warranty for both A/C's and the Dometic refrigerator.
You can have the Dometic components repaired at any Dometic authorized repair facility. After 3 trips to my dealer and the refrigerator being unusable for 6 months, I took ours to a local family owned repair shop. They've been in business 30+ years. They don't sell RV's, they just repair them. If they don't fix them, they will be out of business. The dealers just want to sell them. Cultivate a relationship with a repair shop.
edit add: Be aware that the issue has to be purely a Dometic component issue, not a Keystone assembly issue. We discovered that issue while on the road with the Cougar A/C. We had a loose wire to the A/C. Not a Dometic issue. But that dealer in Lexington NC reconnected the wire for free. I still owe them a pizza.

Brantlaker
07-24-2016, 06:09 PM
Just call Dometic they will tell you the local repair shop that they use they are real easy to deal with.

M3160RL
08-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Whisper Quiet at 90+ dBm during cooling mode. What a misleading product name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk