PDA

View Full Version : Greaseing hitch

canadianboy
07-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Hello, thanks for you input, I am new to this and have a Bullet Premier 32BHS, and was wondering what type of grease do you guys use to put on the hitch before hooking the trailer up?

Thanks

Goofy
07-09-2016, 07:07 PM
I use this grease (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CPCSNU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for the hitch ball.

slow
07-10-2016, 05:20 AM
Hello, thanks for you input, I am new to this and have a Bullet Premier 32BHS, and was wondering what type of grease do you guys use to put on the hitch before hooking the trailer up?

Thanks

Canadian Tire marine grease. The CT marine grease adheres very well and does not separate and leave a puddle when hot outside.

This year I standardized to using this grease on the suspension components (wet bolts) and all hitch components (ProPride bearings, ball and bars), but use Dexter approve Shell grease on the wheel bearings.

Mike484
07-10-2016, 08:38 AM
I got fed up with getting black crap all over everything, so I cleaned it all off and now use Vasoline. It doesn't last as long as grease, but it's cheap so I put on a little every time I hitch up. When it gets on me or on my clothes, it is much easier to clean up than grease and doesn't ruin my clothes. Of course I only use this on the hitch and weight distribution, would never use it on anything else because it's not as good as grease.

canadianboy
07-19-2016, 04:27 PM
thanks for you comments guys

BigMac
07-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Gr8' question actually. I have recently move from PUP to TT and had a whole new hich and WD put on. But doesn't seem like they greased the ball etc as they did when I took possession of my pup.

So, I think Can Tire here I come!!

RLM5150
07-23-2016, 02:35 PM
Gr8' question actually. I have recently move from PUP to TT and had a whole new hich and WD put on. But doesn't seem like they greased the ball etc as they did when I took possession of my pup.

So, I think Can Tire here I come!!

I thought my dealer did a good job setting up my WDH when we bought our first TT. Then I read through the manual for the WDH and saw where they recommend placing lube. That's when I realized the dealer didn't put grease anywhere.

locomech
10-21-2016, 12:48 PM
I use white lithium grease. After I disconnect my truck from the trailer I put a hitch ball cover over the ball to keep me from getting grease on my clothes or legs.

GaryWT
10-21-2016, 03:20 PM
I have never used grease. I know many disagree with that but when my hitch was first set up the guy who installed it said it was not needed so I have never used any.

rschad
10-28-2016, 01:32 PM
I use something similar to WD 40 but a bit heavier(can't recall the name), just spray on the ball each time I hook up.

nellie1289
10-28-2016, 02:36 PM
I could be wrong but I thought all the new style hitches use those plates that look like a disc that just go over the pin on your fifth wheel. That is what mine is. has no grease. just put a little grease on the pin and jaws and that's it. its called a lube plate/disc