PDA

View Full Version : faulty rear landing gear switch

dochall
07-05-2016, 07:27 PM
I have a 2011 Laredo and the rocker switch that raises and lowers the rear landing gear has stopped working. Does anyone know where I can get a new one without making an hour trip to the dealer?

bigbadbob17
07-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Are you sure it's the switch? The breaker went on mine. Wouldn't go up or down so I wiggled the wires on the breaker and it worked for a bit. Mine was screwed to the frame has a red rubber cap but all rusted underneath

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

WaltBennett
07-06-2016, 02:19 AM
Are you sure it's the switch? The breaker went on mine. Wouldn't go up or down so I wiggled the wires on the breaker and it worked for a bit. Mine was screwed to the frame has a red rubber cap but all rusted underneath

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

That's an 'auto breaker' or automatic breaker that will reset itself after a few seconds. Your wires were loose causing the problem you had. If the wires are connected tightly on the posters, that wouldn't be the problem. They do go bad, but the symptoms for this are that you can start the legs (or slides) moving and they stop, then start back up ten seconds later, stop again and repeat. These things are less than $5 or so and easy to replace.

Barbell
07-06-2016, 06:03 AM
What Walt said X2. Our Montana came with a bad breaker that I finally replaced last fall. The slides would stop and start, the auto-level jacks would not fully retract and all dc power would cut out for 10-15 seconds. Now with the defective breaker replaced, all works as advertised.

dochall
07-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Thanks, I will try to find the breaker to make sure it is OK

dochall
07-06-2016, 04:41 PM
I followed the two wires (one red , one black) from the motor to the switch and there was no breaker, Could there be one on the two white wires that feed the switch?
This is for the rear landing legs. I know where the front one is.