PDA

View Full Version : New Battery?????

tampacamper
04-21-2011, 05:18 AM
What are your suggestions on RV batterys? "interstate, Optima or ???????

Thanks

Festus2
04-21-2011, 06:21 AM
I've always used Trojans (6v) - in both our RV and in our boat (which we no longer have) - and have been very satisfied with their performance. A bit more costly than most but well worth the investment.

campingcpl
04-21-2011, 08:36 AM
We have always used the Interstate Deep Cycle Marine/RV batteries in our trailers and boat. Have had pretty good luck with them and good life. Have heard that the Optima batteries are really good too if your looking for the 12v batteries. If your looking for the 6v, I'm with Festus on the Trojans. Have heard a lot of good things on them but of course they are a lot more $$$ then the 12v deep cycles.

linebiker
04-21-2011, 09:00 AM
So far I am well pleased with Deca brand. Whatever brand you go with look for deep cycle. "RV" label batteries are not always true deep cycle (made for many discharge charge cycles).

Many posts on this subject on rv.net also. Read up on battery care, not discharging fully and keeping a maintainer on during off use times adds life to these things.

GMcKenzie
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Two good 6v deep cycle are the way to go.

On the Optima, unless you are taking your trailer over really, really rough roads these are not the best for trailers. They do well when being knocked around but have less capacity and cost more than a good pair of 6v.