PDA

View Full Version : Another propane quick-connect question

bartbill
07-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Just read all the threads I could find, but??

Have a 2012 Copper Canyon with a propane quick-connection near the tank on the door side.

Have a Weber 100 I want to use with it. I assume the quick-connect is regulated for low-pressure to use with the trailer stove and water heater.

So the questions are:

1. Is this not sufficient gas supply to run my grill.

2. Would this make the grill "double regulated"? Can I remove the regulator on the grill to allow more gas to the grill.

3. Do I need to put a "T" at the propane tank, ahead of the trailer regulator, to run the grill (and thereby just skip the quick-connect).

Appreciate any thoughts

canesfan
07-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Lots of posts about this subject. Most of the answers say no, it won't work because it's double regulated. Some claim it works for them double regulated. It didn't work for me on my last rig. I had to put a T at the tank to bypass the regulator to use my grill. You can remove the regulator on most grills I've seen. There is also a sticky on this topic in one of the forums with lots of good information.

ETA - Here's the thread http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9739

Desert185
07-03-2016, 09:32 AM
I removed the regulator on my Weber and use a quick disconnect hose to the regulated trailer connection. Because I also use the Weber at home, I have another QD hose with a regulator for the 20# tank(s) at home.

GaryWT
07-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Remove the regulator and add a quick connect nipple and you will be fine.

Ductape
07-04-2016, 03:15 AM
Remove the regulator and add a quick connect nipple and you will be fine.

This is what I did with my Weber Q 1200.

bartbill
07-04-2016, 10:07 AM
thanks much