PDA

View Full Version : Radio fuse blown

deltadude
07-03-2016, 04:57 AM
All was fine previous time we took the trailer out. This time out, the red indicator light in the fuse panel was on for the radio. Tried replacing the fuse and it immediately blew. I assumed maybe one of the two outside speakers were bad so I disconnected them but still blew the fuse. Pulling the radio out shows all good fuses there and no obvious issues. Any ideas?

JRTJH
07-03-2016, 08:47 AM
You've probably got a short in the wire going from the converter distribution panel to the radio. It could be simple to find or it could be "almost impossible". I'd start by looking at the wire connection on the converter fuse panel. It may be "bent over and touching ground".... On the other end of the spectrum, it may be a staple or screw through the wiring somewhere "buried in the walls" of your RV.

Have you removed the fuses behind the radio and checked to see if it will still blow the fuse on the converter panel? If it doesn't blow then, you can pretty much guess that it's something in the radio, but if it still blows, I'd look at the wiring in the trailer.

Good Luck !!!

deltadude
07-04-2016, 05:29 AM
I'll give that a try. Thanks.

deltadude
07-07-2016, 04:27 AM
It's the radio. I'm sure I should be able to find a good used one.

scott24
07-07-2016, 04:44 PM
A friend of mine had the same issue. Pulled out the radio and found a blue wire not hooked up to anything and it was stripped. Taped it off and he's had no issues anymore.