PDA

View Full Version : Slider hitch and max turn technology?

Pigeons101
07-02-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm looking at a hideout 308bhds and have a 2015 f250 with the 6'9 bed. From what I understand with the max turn technology I don't need a slider?

Pmedic4
07-02-2016, 07:02 PM
We use a regular mounted hitch on our truck/fiver combo, and haven't had a problem, and I've gone fairly close to 90 degrees. The concern I have is I have a RAM 2500, and the axle placement may be enough different between brands?

I must admit, I have been worried about it, and keep saying to myself, "I'll watch it when I'm backing to ensure I don't hit!" The problem is when you backing into a spot, you're watch about 10 other things and I forget all about watching if the fiver is close to the truck... Again, so far, we've been fine.

chuckster57
07-02-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm looking at a hideout 308bhds and have a 2015 f250 with the 6'9 bed. From what I understand with the max turn technology I don't need a slider?
If you want to remove all doubt, get a tape and measure. Measure from the king pin to the corner of the fiver.

Then measure from the center point of the bed, 1" forward of the rear axle to the cab corners. The numbers will tell you.

bsmith0404
07-03-2016, 04:59 AM
I had 2 trucks with the 6'6" beds and have never had a problem. I've seen trucks where they've hit he cab, but always with a conventional front and standard pin box. It's not just the radius front ends that prevents contact, it's also the extended pin box that increases distance between the cab and trailer. I doubt you will have any issues, but if you measure you'll know for sure.

Pigeons101
07-04-2016, 02:59 PM
If you want to remove all doubt, get a tape and measure. Measure from the king pin to the corner of the fiver.

Then measure from the center point of the bed, 1" forward of the rear axle to the cab corners. The numbers will tell you.

Best advice I have heard, thanks!