PDA

View Full Version : 30 amp power cord

rockalaska
07-01-2016, 06:49 PM
can anyone tell me the standard length for the 30 amp power cord?
I have a 2013 keystone hideout. I cannot locate the length in my user's manual. I think I may need to buy a 25' extension just in case.

chuckster57
07-01-2016, 06:52 PM
25 or 30 feet seem to be the standard lengths I've seen. As a rule the utilities at most camp sites will be at the rear drivers corner or about the middle of the drivers side. I can say that for the 25+ yrs I have camped I haven't needed an extension cord yet.

BTW welcome to the forum!

theeyres
07-01-2016, 07:29 PM
I have very seldom needed an extension cord but once a year we spend a month at Venture In in Show Low, AZ and I need the extra 25' to get back to the power source. So you will seldom need one, maybe never, but... Even then, I could back up the trailer far enough to not need the extra length...I just don't like being that far back in the site.

Steve S
07-01-2016, 08:16 PM
You don't really need one when camping with the crowds as the power source is usually right there. But at home or staying the night at a buddies house while on your travels a 30 ft would probably more than sufficient :)

tgoodwin321
07-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Have a 25' in my passport and have never needed an extension. Even reaches the gen in the bed of the truck when we need it.

Mike484
07-02-2016, 05:25 AM
We bought an extension, never used it yet though. We also bought extra of everything else and all the different power adapters. My thought is, it's better to have and not need than to need and not have. I look at it as insurance that where ever we go, we will have what we need and not have to hope that we can find what we need when we need it (rarely happens).

Bob Landry
07-02-2016, 05:38 AM
Standard length is 25'. I carry extensions for both 30A cords(I installed a second 30A service) and have used them several times in State Parks. Not having one when needed can put a damper on a fun weekend and it's cheap insurance..

the sodfather
07-02-2016, 07:34 PM
We bought an extension, never used it yet though. We also bought extra of everything else and all the different power adapters. My thought is, it's better to have and not need than to need and not have. I look at it as insurance that where ever we go, we will have what we need and not have to hope that we can find what we need when we need it (rarely happens).

Same. My thoughts exactly.

bitten
07-03-2016, 05:43 AM
Bought a 50 foot insurance policy. Use it mostly around home.

Dhuhn
07-03-2016, 08:37 AM
I carry an extra also I have used it several times glad I had it. I also carry extra sewer hose and a 50 ft water hose. There good to have just in case. The worse thing is when you get to your camp and your hoses or power cords don't reach.

GaryWT
07-03-2016, 05:54 PM
The one time I needed a longer hose I was lucky enough to be able to borrow one from the campground.