PDA

View Full Version : Do most gas stations post the max height

rturriff7
06-30-2016, 07:12 PM
Just moved from a TT to a 5th and had never given it much thought til now. Heading on the road soon from Edmonton to Winnipeg on the TransCanada. I assume it must be posted at any gas station with covered pumps but with a TT in the past, I never really paid much attention. :yawn:

Alpine
06-30-2016, 07:43 PM
I don't know about "most", however a lot do post the height of their canopies. If not...GOAL...get out and look! I would think if it is a newer gas station they are built to allow the higher 5vers as they don't want to deal with damage either.

In 3-plus years on the road I could probably count how few of times we have pulled our 5ver through a station. We unhook at each stay, level go grab a bite to eat or sightsee etc. and fuel before returning to the RV site. Just me but I feel good about just getting up in the mornings having my cup of coffee and pull on to the road with a full tank.

sourdough
07-01-2016, 07:30 AM
In my experience through the south and southwest they don't usually have signs, or I don't see them. Most newer canopies are plenty tall. If they look a little low I can usually eyeball them without a problem. To be safe, get out and LOOK before pulling under it.

theeyres
07-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Sometimes they do, but most of the time they don't. You just have to get out and look...