PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some cupboard doors

rturriff7
06-28-2016, 08:19 AM
Does anyone have any ideas as to where to get matching cupboard doors for our Laredo? I want to remove the microwave from the outdoor kitchen and add a couple of doors to make more cabinet space. Could I order these from keystone? Would a dealer be able to get them? Any ideas welcome.

JRTJH
06-28-2016, 09:09 AM
When we did some modifications on our Springdale in 2011, Camping World ordered cabinet doors from Keystone for us. They were surprisingly inexpensive, I think about $11 each (if I remember correctly). Whether or not Keystone still supports trailers with that kind of parts requests ??? The only way to find out is to talk with your dealership. I do know that Keystone will not sell parts to customers. They only supply dealers with spare or replacement parts.

Another source is Trekwood.com. They are an "online Keystone parts dealer" and do sell nearly everything that's used in building any Keystone or Dutchman RV. Their online link is: http://www.trekwood.com/

rturriff7
06-28-2016, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the help. I'll look into both of those options.

dirt33
06-28-2016, 11:30 AM
rturriff7, I am going to paste in a portion of a previous post I made, back when I had ordered something from Trekwood.

For anyone needing similar parts, Trekwood has been good to deal with. When you call the number on their website, you will reach "Tiara RV Sales". The gal I was then transferred to has been helpful with Trekwood parts. We have communicated almost entirely via email, as I wanted to send the photos/measurements and have everything in writing. She also mentioned that, if a particular item shows "no image available" on the Trekwood website, they usually do in fact have a photo available that they can email to you. She sent me photos of the parts that I am ordering, and they are not photos that are viewable on the website.

The main reason I am positing this is to let you know about the photos. I figure you will likely need to see photos of what they have available to make sure it matches what you need, and I know that sometimes not all of their photos are viewable on their website.

Dave W
06-29-2016, 09:04 AM
I bought some very nicely made solid oak doors for our last 5er that closely matched the existing which also were solid oak instead of the common Thermofoil covered MDF often used in RVs. These doors came from here: http://www.amishcabinetdoors.com/. I just added one and replaced one in our S&B house and they were an absolute match though one had a bit heavier grain then I would have liked. Not cheap but neither are our RVs

vampress_me
06-29-2016, 09:16 AM
Another option if you know of a cabinet maker for sticks and bricks houses in your area is to ask them. When I needed 2 doors in custom sizes for in our Cougar, I took one door that I was replacing in to him and asked if he could make two new ones to match in the sizes I specified. No problem and they look great.

Mike484
06-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Been thinking of doing the same thing but under the dinette bench. The western edition has them but not the eastern edition, go figure.