PDA

View Full Version : How to remove radio

nesparky
06-26-2016, 04:16 PM
2013 Avalanche, I would like to remove the radio but can't seem to find any screws or snaps to get the radio outhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160627/81856ef06c122df30375fafcf4cbcf36.jpg

chuckster57
06-26-2016, 04:31 PM
Looking at your picture, it looks there are 4 screws. They are in the corners of the center section and it takes a squarehead #2 to remove them.

justlkn
06-26-2016, 07:18 PM
It comes out easily after taking out those four screw. I have to take mine out quite often it seams. Plus I added a disconnect switch so I could turn it completely off as that blue display gets very bright at night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denverpilot
06-26-2016, 09:28 PM
It comes out easily after taking out those four screw. I have to take mine out quite often it seams. Plus I added a disconnect switch so I could turn it completely off as that blue display gets very bright at night!

Yup. Another project I need to do. I usually pull the fuse both for that and for not wasting battery power. That thing is a big draw on current and there's no way to shut it off.

Early on with that stereo, we had friends stay with us and sleep in the living room area on the bed, and the next morning they had covered it with something.

Now we just pull the fuse if we have company sharing the trailer.

Dave W
06-27-2016, 02:38 AM
Could there be a way to dim/turn off that light somewhere in the Menu? We have a Jensen in our 5er and thankfully it has a separate switch to shut that annoyance off.

When you pull that stereo, make to label that mass of wires if removed completely for some reason:banghead:.

denverpilot
06-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Could there be a way to dim/turn off that light somewhere in the Menu? We have a Jensen in our 5er and thankfully it has a separate switch to shut that annoyance off.

When you pull that stereo, make to label that mass of wires if removed completely for some reason:banghead:.

As far as I can tell, there is not on the ETone model stereo. It's just a really bright annoying LED. I could build a PWM "dimmer" out of a microcontroller and hack it in there probably if I really cared about losing the "clock" time being lost when de-powering it, but it's not worth the time or effort. But a nice switch installed near the unit instead of pulling the fuse, is worth the ten minutes it'll take. I may see if it's worth drilling a hole in the face of the cheapie stereo vs in the cabinetry, that way if you ever pull it to upgrade it, the silly switch hack leaves with the junk stereo. Haha.

denverpilot
06-27-2016, 11:09 AM
By the way, it dims when you "power it off" by its own power switch, but it's still insanely bright on that mode.

justlkn
07-17-2016, 03:27 PM
I put the switch inside the cabinet to the right of it high up. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk