PDA

View Full Version : Lake Norman rv Resort

Harleyhop
06-25-2016, 07:22 AM
Has anyone ever camped at Lake Norman Motor Coach Resort in Sherrills Ford N.C.? Thoughts good or bad? Looks pretty nice from their website but they all look good from pics on a screen!(tx)

gearhead
06-28-2016, 07:42 PM
I haven't looked at their website, but will they let us trailer trash in?

JRTJH
06-30-2016, 12:44 PM
I haven't looked at their website, but will they let us trailer trash in?

I did look at their website and it seems that they will "let some of us in and not others"... According to their "resort rules" all motorhomes, fifth wheels and travel trailers are "permitted" so long as they have "fully painted exterior" and/or "fiberglass exterior". They also "leave final approval to the onsite manager".... Apparently, they don't allow aluminum sided RV's to stay there ?????

Here's the quote from their rules: "RV Conditions: This facility accepts motor coaches: Class A, B, & C; 5th Wheels and Travel Trailers. All must be commercially manufactured, and have a full-body paint and/or fiberglass exterior. All RVs should be fully self-contained and in good cosmetic condition. The approval or disapproval of any RV wishing to enter the premises is at the
sole discretion of the Manager."

bobbecky
06-30-2016, 02:17 PM
We stayed at the Cross Country Campground a couple years ago, in Denver, NC, over on the west side of Lake Norman. I wasn't the fanciest of RV parks, but the staff was friendly, the sites were nice, and they didn't seem to care if your rig was aluminum, fiberglass, or if it was painted or not. Sounds like some parks don't want my business, so I let them have their way and find another park that wants my business.

Tbos
07-08-2016, 06:29 AM
I'd check on line with some of the other sites for reviews too. It looks nice. We were at the Carowinds CG last weekend. Some of the sites in the old section were large but sewer hookup is strange and some of the sites had no grass because of roots etc. It was expensive too.

T_Clark
07-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Anchor Down up in Pigeon Forge has the same type of requirements. We stayed there a couple of months ago, and i will say this, its the friggin Ritz Carlton of campgrounds!!! I would imagine this place on Lake Norman is very similar. Anchor Down is on Lake Douglas.

Tbos
07-12-2016, 04:44 PM
I just came back from Anchor Down a little more than a week ago. It is a great CG.

byrdr1
07-13-2016, 06:21 AM
Guess we won't be camping here.
I have an aggressive breed of dog based on the rules

"Breeds of dogs that have a reputation for being aggressive are not allowed in
the resort: Pit Bulls, Rottweiler, Miniature Pinchers, Chow Chows, Papillion, Lhasa Apso and Giant Schnauzers."

did not know she(Sophie) was an aggressive breed of dog until now!!
She loves my children, grandchildren and us. BUT she can be barky sometimes.
Good!!!
:)
randy