PDA

View Full Version : New 2011 Springdale 293RKSSR

mstro
04-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Hello all. We just took purchase of our New 2011 Keystone Springdale TT last week. We plan on putting this unit on a seasonal site and would like some general advise. We have owned TT in the past, but nothing on a seasonal site. My wife and I disagree on keeping the fridge running all the time. I'm thinking not, but the wife say "YES". I suggested we invest in one of those small dorm fridges. So any good info would be helpful.

Festus2
04-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Welcome to the forum - you will enjoy your new purchase! Full-timers keep their fridges running all the time so I am assuming that, by doing so, it does no harm to the fridge itself. What are your concerns about running the fridge all the time? Perhaps some of our full-timers could offer some first-hand and more reliable information.

mstro
04-20-2011, 04:07 PM
I guess my concern would be how efficient it would be to keep it running all season and if it would shorten the life span. I'm not sure if it would run all the time or if it would cycle on & off like a residential fridge. I guess I could call the mfg on the unit to ask that question, but it's always nice to have others opinions who have expienced both the good and the bad.

I have to say that I searched this forum alot before we decided on the Keystone brand. There's alot of good info available that I used when we did our PDI that I never would have thought to check. Even the tech and sales person stated that I was one of the most thorough customers that they have had. They have never seen a customer come in with a outlet tester and test ever outlet in a trailer and it was a good thing I did, one outlet was hooked up incorrectly, but was fixed quickly by the tech.