PDA

View Full Version : Slideout adjustment Help!!

hosemandc
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I noticed my main living room slide out seal is so tight at the top that it is wearing the exterior. The bottom has a gap where road debris is getting in. How do you adjust this. No information in the owners manual and no service station within 13 hours including a ferry trip of where I live.

3612 Raptor

Festus2
04-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Assuming that it is a Lippert slide out, you can go to their website and find what type of slide you have and download a manual for that type. There will be some information there about adjustments you can make to your slide. Try this link......... (http://www.eco-rv.com/scripts/pdfretail/get.php?id=366)

JRTJH
04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Mechanically, it's not hard to adjust the slide. Get the Lippert info on your slide type, read it a couple of times, then read it again. You'll need some help, a jack and a good "measure stick" I found that going slowly, adjusting only one plane at a time and trying the slide after each adjustment gave me a better result than trying to match the "needed measurement" with the "Adjustment" an inch of "need" isn't necessarily an inch of "adjustment"

hosemandc
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the wisdom... I'm going to see if I can get it done this weekend.