PDA

View Full Version : Eternabond tape

audio1der
06-20-2016, 07:16 PM
When anyone else has purchased this tape, does it say "Eternabond" anywhere on it, or is it just a roll of white-backed tape which could easily be a no-name knock-off?
I bought my 4", 50' roll from eBay but it was $2/ft.
Thanks all.

chuckster57
06-20-2016, 08:09 PM
I've never seen "eternabond" embossed on the tape, or even on the wrapper. It may very well be that the stuff my dealership buys is "generic" but it works and that's what matters.

Maybe "eternabond" is like "Kleenex", everybody calls it that, but not everybody makes "it".

audio1der
06-20-2016, 09:13 PM
Thank you, Chuckster.
I've use knockoff sound damping which, while it didn't work well, was a BEAR to remove, and didn't want to have to repeat that. I was expecting some level of labeling, but will go ahead with it.

JRTJH
06-20-2016, 10:05 PM
Eternabond is like "Kleenex".... There is the original stuff and there are "gads of others" that are "almost like Kleenex.....

That said, Lowe's has probably 10 different "pressure sensitive rubber compound" tapes. Some are "peel and stick, white coating with black adhesive" and they look "almost the same as Eternabond.....

The roll of "REAL ETERNABOND" that I have is marked as such and the "plastic peel film" is marked "eternabond".. As for the actual tape, once it's on the roof, there's no marking to indicate that it's the "real stuff" or ????? But, once you've seen and worked with eternabond, it's pretty easy to know that the stuff from Lowe's isn't the same.....

Here's a picture of "real Eternabond" that I downloaded from the internet:

swanson
06-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Yes Eternabond does put it's name on the packaging.