PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lake CA

hoffbrew
04-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Bass Lake RV Resort:

http://www.basslake-rvresort.com/

This is a semi private RV resort. I purchased a membership and well worth it. Close to Yosemite and other great attractions. Takes me right at an hour to travel up here so a great inexpensive vacation. This place lets you have golf carts and has a cart path to the local town which allows carts on there roads. So I purchased a golf cart!!! Too cool.

Firecapt
04-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Hoffbrew,

If you don't mind me asking what did you have to pay for a membership, and what do you get as part of the package? :D

hoffbrew
04-25-2011, 02:10 PM
No problem... $1200.00 for life time membership, $340 annual fee. $12.00 per night and family can camp for $12.00 a night also. You can stay as long as you would like. This also includes Coast to Coast membership and another one, just cant think of it, with no extra cost and you can stay at any affiliated campgrounds for $10.00 per night. Not bad if you travel often.
This is 54 miles from my driveway and less than 1/4 tank away... perfect for quick weekends! We just got back for Easter, weather was great and relaxing!! I will be going often.

CWtheMan
05-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Once upon a time while in my early days in the USN and stationed in San Diego we decided to spend a long weekend at Bass Lake. Went down and rented a pop-up from the Navy MWR, got the fishing equipment all rigged up, loaded the kids and headed out on a wonderful spring day.

On the last public crossroad before entering the Ball Lake area we encountered a CHP road block. A very nice CHP officer informed us that the Hells Angels were having their annual meeting for initiating new members and we might want to find another place to spend our long weekend. So on up into the mountains we went.

I wonder if that still happens at Bass Lake?

CW

hoffbrew
05-11-2011, 10:43 AM
How funny.... no, the Angles do there deeds in Hollister CA now. My brother is a Federal Agent (DOJ) and has to work this event (under cover) every year... I have lots of good campfire stories, as he does too!