PDA

View Full Version : Looking to take the jump!

johnnyringo
06-15-2016, 04:26 AM
We've been looking at purchasing a camping trailer and are now seriously considering the 22RBPR Bullet Premier. Our tow vehicle is a 2005 GMC Denali SUV with the 5.3 V8 engine. We have previously owned a 40' RV,and are missing RVing but are seeking something smaller. I would appreciate any input that you experienced trailer campers and offer. Thanks very much for your help. JR

Tbos
06-15-2016, 05:46 AM
Lots of good info available here. Verify your tow vehicles capacity internal and external and make sure whatever you buy leaves you some safety margin. Have fun deciding and then camping.

Festus2
06-15-2016, 08:04 AM
JR -
You might want to check out several of our "social groups" that can be found by clicking on the Community button found in the bar at the top of the page. This will take you to Social Groups and if you click on this, it will take you to a separate page. Once there, find View all groups. There are several Bullet owners groups that might give you some info about that model. You can join one group or form one of you own.

And :wlcm: to the forum!

B-O-B'03
06-15-2016, 11:37 AM
johnnyringo :wlcm:

We have a 2014 22RBPR, bought it just over a year ago, new and have put around 5K miles on it so far.

Our TV is a 2013 F150, 5.0 and it pulls great with that. I can't comment on the capabilities of your Denali, but there should be a sticker in the door that gives capacities.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Brian

bsmith0404
06-16-2016, 06:07 AM
I used to have a 2004 suburban with the 5.3, towed a 4k lb trailer a few times and was very disappointed. Of course much of my towing was through hills and across mountain passes. If I remember correctly, the tow capacity on the suburban was 7k, but there was no way that was going to happen in the hills and mountains where I was. I'm sure your denali has the same gearing set up as my suburban. I upgraded to a crew cab 2500 with 6.0, huge difference.

On another note, a friend of mine was also looking at a Bullet last year and decided to get the Passport. Not sure why they changed to the Passport, I'm assuming floor plan, color options, or price but you may want to take a look at them if you haven't already. They are listed in the same category by Keystone.

gearhead
06-16-2016, 03:10 PM
Check if you have a transmission cooler. If not, your dealer can install one just like the factory option. The dealer can order the complete kit.