PDA

View Full Version : Family Trip

hoffbrew
07-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, took the family on a small trip: Started at home, Clovis, CA to Columbia (Sonora) CA for three days to visit "Old Town". Very nice, stayed at Marble Quarry RV park, this was ok.. Park will accommodate big rigs/trailers, but a bit tight getting in. Rustic mountain scenery.
Then from Columbia we went to Sacramento for three days. Went to Sutter's Fort and State Capitol, very impressive. Stayed at KOA in Sac. I found out KOA stands for "Kamp On Asphalt" The KOA there is next to the Highway and under the flight pattern for the airport!
From Sacramento we went to Felton, CA (Santa Cruz) for 4 days. This is a must for family outings or just relaxing, so much to do there. We stayed at Smithwoods RV. Let me tell you... this place was perfect, scenery is wilderness/woodsy, the host (Tony) of this facility was outstanding. Made the stay even nicer.
I put 734 miles on this trip.

antiqfreq
07-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Why don't you also post your experiences - good or bad - in campground review section for all to see why or why not stay at some of the places you've encountered.

I, personally, love to see IF a campground is listed some place I am planning to go.

Jody a/k/a AntiqFreq