PDA

View Full Version : Awning question

nesparky
06-11-2016, 02:35 AM
Looks like my awning is pulling out of the clip or whatever it is that secures it to the trailer. I know it's under warranty but if it is something I can fix instead of hauling it to the dealer I'm all for it. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160611/687517c64bc711f8f042f5ee13951ffb.jpg

chuckster57
06-11-2016, 02:41 AM
Most likely the gimp (bead) has moved. Look at the other end and it's probably sticking out. If it is, with some help you can push it back through. One person will have to hold the fabric in place while the other pushes the bead back in. Once that's done, a small screw should be used to hold the bead in place, we go through the top of the rail into the bead so it's less visible.

Tbos
06-11-2016, 03:48 AM
Ditto on Chuckster57's comments. Should be an easy fix.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ChuckS
06-20-2016, 08:51 AM
I actually had your exact same issue in the same spot on my awning.. There was not enough bead inserted so I purchased a foot of steel rod of right diameter and inserted into the bead where the dowel was missing.. Now the edge of awning stays in place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BirchyBoy
06-20-2016, 09:25 AM
The bead on mine is coming out as well, but it's on the outside edge of the awning. I tried to push it back in but could not :(

JRTJH
06-20-2016, 11:30 AM
On a long awning (14' or longer) it's sometimes tough to push the bead back into the seam. Often times, it's easier to just "snip" it off with scissors and use some needle nose (I use forceps) to push it back into the "other end". Then a small sheet metal screw on both ends to keep it in place.

chuckster57
06-20-2016, 12:08 PM
On a long awning (14' or longer) it's sometimes tough to push the bead back into the seam. Often times, it's easier to just "snip" it off with scissors and use some needle nose (I use forceps) to push it back into the "other end". Then a small sheet metal screw on both ends to keep it in place.

Quite often that's the way we do it at work.

Potcake
07-17-2016, 03:44 PM
The awning on our 2016 Retreat worked ok on Saturday, but wouldn't extend this morning. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? It is under warranty, but we aren't parked close to any major centers, so will have to wait for a repair call. In the mean time I would like to try and get my awning extended.