PDA

View Full Version : Keystone slide wiring schematic

WindWalker
06-09-2016, 01:25 PM
I have a 2015 Keystone 220RBI which has two slides using the cable system and made by Accu-slide. I have no issues with these slides but yesterday after confirming my batter was fully charged but not connected to shore power, one slide fail to start. This slide had been extended for about three weeks and when pressing the retract button....nothing. After repeated pressing the button it finally retracted which is where I left it.

Not having a wiring diagram of the coach electrical, is there a relay which is operated when pressing the switch on the control panel, which operates the slide motor? If not the switch on the control panel must supply power to the slide motor directly.

The other slide worked perfectly both in and out.

I'm trying to narrow down the components I should check before this fails on the road and me with limited tools for repairs. Any info would be appreciated.

Festus2
06-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately, Keystone does not provide schematics for any of its RVs although you may find schematics for your slide components' wiring from the manufacturer. Try a visit to their website and see what is offered there.

sourdough
06-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Possible issue with the button? I know mine acts a little wacky sometimes and I have to push it a couple of times to get it going.

Yak
06-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Here's the best I could come up with:D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qXZgUwJAAH4/VM1n031QaxI/AAAAAAAAVhs/9C5We1slZfMEkgPXZmRn_VGDR_-6M5p_wCCo/s512/Schematic_Diagram.png

dcg9381
06-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Possible issue with the button? I know mine acts a little wacky sometimes and I have to push it a couple of times to get it going.

Button or relay is his guess, which would be mine too.
Anyone know if these are switched straight from the panel?

theallde
06-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Here's the best I could come up with:D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qXZgUwJAAH4/VM1n031QaxI/AAAAAAAAVhs/9C5We1slZfMEkgPXZmRn_VGDR_-6M5p_wCCo/s512/Schematic_Diagram.png

YAK - After a couple of Jack Daniel's the schematic made complete sense.

Thanks for the laugh ..... Don

WindWalker
06-10-2016, 12:04 PM
No info on the Accu-Slide website about a schematic or the need to use a relay. I am guessing but it seems the current draw on these motors is fairly large as a partially charged battery will not operate it.....not enough current. The switch on the panel would need to be quite large in it's amp rating to last for any length of time, but likely would last until the warranty ran out.

More investigation is needed and a look behind the panel seems a good place to start.

chuckster57
06-10-2016, 12:55 PM
If memory serves me correctly, there isn't any relays. There might be circuit breakers in the 12V side of the power distribution panel, usually in the top fuse position.

collins590
06-10-2016, 02:13 PM
There's no relays, just a circuit breaker but if it works one the problem has to be the switch. The switches are just reverse polarity switches so if it works at all one way the problem is the switch as there are only two wires going from the switch to the motor, and the switch determines with is positive and which is negative. It's an interior switch so you may just be able to take it apart and clean the contacts.