PDA

View Full Version : Awning question

RK1978
06-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Now this may seem like a stupid question, but I am asking so I don't break something. My question is: how do you extend the awning? Its a manual on a 2008 Hideout. There is a handle at each end on the support arm, as well as a screw knob. I did a little pulling and pushing but decided to ask instead of getting frustrated. We are getting ready for our first "practice trip".
Thanks,
PR

bg71361
06-08-2016, 03:45 PM
try this see if it helps.

https://youtu.be/Ph-d9ARzDfY

Tbos
06-08-2016, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure what your awning looks like. If you post some pictures of the knobs and ends of the awning roll, it might help us answer you. It's not hard just takes a little practice.

chuckster57
06-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Just a wild guess, the handles are the travel locks. They need to be rotated away from the arms to allow the awning to extend.

Is the "screw knob" more like a loop? If so then you should have a long rod with a hook on one end and a handle on the other. The hook goes into the loop and rotating the rod will extend/retract the awning.

bigbadbob17
06-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Sounds like an awning I once had. Loosen the screw knob, there should also be a little tab that folds down on the back side of each arm to hold it together, slide these up/out. Use the little awning pole hook to switch the awning at the front near the edge of the material on the roll. Then hook into and pull on the strap that should be sticking out somewhere on the underside of the material. Now there should be a smaller bar going from the top of the rv to the bottom of the bigger awning arm. Slide that up until it clicks into the upper part of the arm near the awning roll. Then tighten the round knob. Now pull on the handle to lift the awning and adjust the height.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk