PDA

View Full Version : Montana fifth wheel hot water heater

curlyfungirl
06-06-2016, 05:47 AM
I got my rig up and running this weekend. Everything is fine except for the hot water heater. I think it might be the iode. How difficult is it to replace and what is the procedure? Thanks in advance

jsmith948
06-06-2016, 06:04 AM
If you mean the anode, it is incorporated into the drain plug. You'll need a 1 1/16" socket. But, the anode won't keep the WH from working. It is a sacrificial rod that helps to prevent the WH tank from corroding. If your WH isn't working, it could be numerous things. If you post back with a little more info, I'm sure folks here will jump in with answers.

SAABDOCTOR
06-06-2016, 06:44 AM
HI Since you have owend this a bit I assume that all the switches are on and the little blackrocker switch in the lower left corner of the haeter. if you are running electric. if it is working on gas or electric, pust the reset buttons on the heater there may be one or two under the rubber cover near the center of the unit. it will say reset. good luck:D

theeyres
06-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Quite often people forget to change the valves on the water heater back, after winterizing, to allow it to fill. That's should be the only difference if it was working before winterizing.