PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 303 RLS 5er

CaptnJohn
06-05-2016, 06:13 PM
The 5er is wired for AC in the living area and bedroom. There is another vent in the bathroom and kitchen area. The vent in the kitchen area is too high to open easily. I have 2 questions ~~~ is this vent wired (I'd like to put a remote controlled fan in)? Has anyone come up with an easy way to open/close it to allow hot air to escape?

chuckster57
06-05-2016, 06:26 PM
If a powered fan isn't in the vent then no it isn't pre wired for one. Getting 12VDC is simple. You can tap into the ceiling light near the vent, or if your more ambitious you could tap into the 12V going to the stove vent or any other appliance nearby. Lots of 12V wiring is in the space between the ceiling and roof, and with a fish tape you might be able to run the tape to the bathroom fan.

When I had my old Jayco it had tall ceilings and I installed a max air fan with remote. I plan on putting another one in the living area of my current rig.

Stew
06-06-2016, 01:02 AM
I've got the same camper as you except mine is a 2015. It's not prewired I'm using a small 2-step ladder I keep in the camper to reach the handle. I only need to access the handle once or twice per trip so I just deal with it.

jsmith948
06-06-2016, 05:06 AM
Get one of those long hot dog/marshmallow roasting forks (we have the one that unscrews/comes apart for easier storage). Drill two holes in the vent nob 180* apart. Use the extended fork to raise and lower the vent. $4.98 at CW and doubles as a weeny roaster.

CaptnJohn
06-06-2016, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the replies ~~ not sure which way I'll go but thinking,,,