PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Compliance

Goofy
06-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Hi,
because our Canadian friend told us if we would like to sell our new travel trailer in the future they maybe like to take over it, for this case we ordered our Cougar XLite 26RBI with Canadian Compliance.

If the trailer is built by the laws of Canada is there a sticker on the trailer or did I get only a certificate?
And how does does a sticker and the certificate looks like?
I did't found any pictures in the web.

greeting Thomas

slow
06-05-2016, 02:14 PM
For information about importing USA vehicles including TTs into Canada, check out www.riv.ca.

You will need to take the TT to Canadian Tire (of all places) to complete the process as a final step when it is time to import into Canada. They will complete the application with axle ratings.

We purchased our TT new from a Ohio dealer and imported it into Canada. The process was simple and cost just over $200 excluding GST at the border.

As for the TT being Canadian compliant, the VIN sticker from Keystone on our TT states that it meets the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations and that is the standard sticker. So I am not sure what you may have paid extra for.

Goofy
06-06-2016, 12:00 PM
On the order sheet from Kaystone there was this as an option for $260,-.
The SP from Camping World told me that I need this if I want to register the trailer in Canada. So I ordered this option.