PDA

View Full Version : Roof Bubbles

silverbullet18
06-05-2016, 08:31 AM
I have sent a pic of eraser size bubbles on the side of my TT where the roof meets the side. They are soft to the touch and seem they could easily bust open and leak. Not sure what caused this unless it is the heat. Called CW and they said it was not warrantable even though I just purchased my TT in Feb. I can fix myself but not sure what to use. CW said to poke it with a needle and use 100% silicone. Didnt think you used silicone on the roof. Should I use non leveling lap sealant. Anyone else experienced this? A little input from the gang would help here.

Steve S
06-05-2016, 08:39 AM
I've actually never have seen bubbles posted like this before so I'm going to follow this thread just out of interest:)

chuckster57
06-05-2016, 09:18 AM
If the bubbles are in the sealant, then poking them with a pin, followed by cleaning with a rag and Fantastik. After its dried then non leveling Dicor would be just fine.

I wouldn't use silicone anywhere it contacts the roof membrane.

silverbullet18
06-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Chuckster have you seen this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckster57
06-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Can't say I've seen it on the side seams. I've seen bubbles around vents and a few on end cap seams.

As long as the membrane is intact, I don't see any issue with popping the bubbles. We use the spray cleaner "Fantastik" with a clean rag to wipe the seam and after its dried, either Dicor or Sikaflex will adhere.

How they got there is anyone's guess.

slow
06-05-2016, 01:45 PM
My roof edge is the same from day six. (We ordered it and picked it up six days after it came off the assembly line.)

16,000 miles later and into our third season, no issues.

silverbullet18
06-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Slow. Did u leave the bubbles alone or fix

slow
06-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Left them alone and monitor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk