PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Raptor 3812 and companion hitch

gatorrig
04-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Hello everyone,

We are getting ready to bring home a new Raptor 3812TS, and I'm having a hard time deciding on a hitch. Our truck currently has a B&W turnover ball system, which would take the companion fifth wheel hitch. I have never heard one bad thing about the companion, but with an empty weight of 13300 and a GVWR of 18K, would the companion be safely up to the job? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

linebiker
04-17-2011, 09:36 AM
If the B&W is still rated at 18k like they were when I got mine you should be good. Friend of mine had a similar rig to yours with the B&W, put several thousand miles on it and had no problems. He never had his loaded to max though.

He and I both upgraded the pin box to the trail air, mine being triglide...I cant say enough good about that. I was afraid I was going to break something before the upgrade.

Only thing about companion I don't like is on my dual wheel truck I have to put a foot on tire, step up and lean on bed to reach locking handle for pin latch.

gatorrig
04-17-2011, 11:10 AM
The companion is in fact rated for 18k. My concern I guess is not knowing how easy or difficult it would be to reach that 18k mark.