PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell a RV furniture

Murphsmom
05-31-2016, 08:03 AM
We have replaced the swivel rockers and fold out couch in our 2013 Cougar. Does anyone have a good suggestion for where to sell the used ones? They are still in excellent shape, just not what we want. I tried the only RV furniture store in our area, but they already have far too much used inventory from trade-ins.

hankpage
05-31-2016, 09:29 AM
You could take some photos and post them here on our "For sale/Wanted" forum or try Craig's List .... I sold wheels and tires that way. JM2¢, Hank

Dave W
05-31-2016, 10:41 AM
We have had no luck selling our uncomfortable rockers, impossible to sleep on sofa sleeper and 4 of the 5 DR chairs so are just storing them in the basement for that fateful day the current 5er goes down the road with a new owner. This is what we did with the last 5er too. Most people seem to be turned off by this low end furniture and the fabric choices regardless of condition. We really like the replacement LA-Z-BOY wall hugggers and sofa!!!!

Mike484
05-31-2016, 10:42 AM
Yup, post pictures and sell them right here.

Murphsmom
05-31-2016, 11:03 AM
Thanks! I had forgotten there was a For Sale section. I'll get some photos done and post. I'm afraid, too, that there will be no takers, but we will also try putting them in our neighborhood yard sale. Maybe somebody needs apartment size stuff and won't care that it's actually for an RV.

concours
06-01-2016, 07:28 AM
We had the same recliners and after a year of trying to sell them we ended up giving them away including delivering them good luck as they are junk :)We did replace them with 1 Lazy boy wall hugger recliner that works very well

therink
06-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Last year I replaced my pleather air mattress sofa with a decent dual recliner love seat I purchased from home furniture store. I listed the old rv sofa on Craigslist in the rv section with photos and measurements. It sold in one week for $200. It was in excellent condition so it sold easily. There is a market for rv furniture and I didn't have to deal with shippin, etc..