PDA

View Full Version : Cougar shower faucet trouble

tmac56
05-27-2016, 01:09 PM
have a corner shower and when I turn on the taps water sprays from where the shower head hose attaches to the faucet.

I have unscrewed the faucet from the shower wall but can hardly get my hands back behind the faucet to see if the supply lines are correctly attached.

Does anyone know if I have slack to work with and pull on those supply lines to possibly replace the faucet ?

chuckster57
05-27-2016, 02:11 PM
There is a flat washer between the hose and the fitting from the faucet, is it there? Also the fitting for the shower hose screws into the faucet. I've seen them crack at the threads, good news is they are replaceable. If you opt for faucet replacement, the lines are PEX, semi rigid plastic and not real easy to work with in confined spaces. There should be enough room to replace the faucet.

therink
05-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Everything in the stock shower faucet is plastic. I bet the housing cracked from improper winterization or stress crack somehow. Same thing hhappened to me once. I simply replaced the faucet with a better one and all is good (Google is your friend for these kind of parts)

tmac56
05-27-2016, 04:58 PM
There is a flat washer between the hose and the fitting from the faucet, is it there? Also the fitting for the shower hose screws into the faucet. I've seen them crack at the threads, good news is they are replaceable. If you opt for faucet replacement, the lines are PEX, semi rigid plastic and not real easy to work with in confined spaces. There should be enough room to replace the faucet.

yep-its ther and I have put extra teflon tape on the plastic threads

hankaye
05-27-2016, 04:59 PM
tmac56, Howdy;

have a corner shower and when I turn on the taps water sprays from where the shower head hose attaches to the faucet.

I have unscrewed the faucet from the shower wall but can hardly get my hands back behind the faucet to see if the supply lines are correctly attached.

Does anyone know if I have slack to work with and pull on those supply lines to possibly replace the faucet ?

From the sound of it it would appear that the anti-siphon valve has cracked.
It's the part between the hose and the body of the mixing unit (the
bit with the handles).
In my unit, a 2008 Cougar 278RKS, I can access the back side of mine (where the plumbing
connects), from the entertainment center. I would suggest that you create some sort of
capture system so that the water lines don't escape from the small access hole provided.
Draining the system will prevent getting things that don't need to be wet from getting that way.
The rest is kind of common sense stuff ... but if you need more help there are a lot of folks on
here that are more than willing to lend a hand.
By the way ... Welcome to the forum :wlcm: :)
Helps if you tell us which model you have there may be someone with the exact same model
that can give you specific info from an "I've been there" point of view.

Again, :wlcm:

hankaye

tmac56
08-10-2016, 03:38 PM
So I went and bought a bit of an upgraded faucet set for the shower. The pressure isnt great but it is working great-nice to have that hot shower after a smokey fire pit.

Thanks all for the advice

Terry

CaptnJohn
08-10-2016, 04:37 PM
My 2016 Cougar 5er has a residential KITCHEN faucet, the shower faucet has knobs. After searching everywhere for a quality single lever faucet with the hose connection I gave up and finally found a double lever unit but the quality is not there. Still better than the knobs.

rjsurfer
08-11-2016, 12:59 AM
My shower water lines "T" off the outside shower supply lines easily accessible from the storage compartment. I loosened the shower lines allowing me to pull them up from behind the shower wall a bit giving me better access to the connectors.

Yours might be similar.

Ron W