PDA

View Full Version : Slide partially out

bitten
05-24-2016, 07:03 AM
Is it OK to leave the slide just partially out? Just enough to allow me to get around in the trailer. Or only all in or all out?

Barbell
05-24-2016, 07:47 AM
Assuming you are referring to when you are storing the trailer. Shouldn't be a problem but you cannot walk on the slide floor unless it is completely extended.

Geoff
06-11-2016, 12:46 PM
My 26SAB with the main slide in puts the seat back for dinette almost touching kitchen counter. Many times we pack up and hook up the night before preparing for an early departure. I bring the slide in and stop with a foot to go. Then jack stands up and hook on. That leaves us room to turn sideways and get between without climbing. Then we are ready to roll. We stay completely off the slide. We wake up, slides in, steps up, unplug and drive.

If there is any reason this is bad procedure, I would be pleased to hear from the veterans. Thanks

gearhead
06-11-2016, 03:45 PM
I always try to put the slide either in or out, without stopping. May be just me though.
How much time are you saving doing that? Maybe a minute?

Laredo291OH
06-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Hi Geoff,

What happens if it rains? I don't think the slides are sealed unless they are completely in or completely out. I could be wrong on that though.

chuckster57
06-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Hi Geoff,

What happens if it rains? I don't think the slides are sealed unless they are completely in or completely out. I could be wrong on that though.

Your right. The sweeper seals may help, but they won't stop all the water, especially if the seal hasn't completely flipped.

Geoff
06-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Your right. The sweeper seals may help, but they won't stop all the water, especially if the seal hasn't completely flipped.

A very good observation. I certainly don't want to risk water damage.

I am not concerned about saving time. I read somewhere to not operate big slide unless 5er is level and secured. If I hook up we are assured to be off level and not solid. If this is not true I would certainly want to leave slide out over night and bring in just prior to rolling.

I have never brought my slide in or out unless free from truck and all gear down and it is level and secured. I would be pleased if this is a non issue and can use slide any time.

gearhead
06-11-2016, 07:57 PM
We occasionally don't unhitch if we just stop for an overnight and the site is relatively level. Just hook up utilities and put the slides out. No jacks or levelers down.
So far no issues.

Geoff
06-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the input. I will use good judgement and do the same.