PDA

View Full Version : Interior floor gets wet

balvind
05-24-2016, 02:15 AM
I have a 2016 Sprinter wide body. The last two times that I went to a campsite, I filled my fresh water tank until it started to come out the overflow telling me it was full. The I would set up, extending my living room slide to find water on the floor. Not a lot, but enough to notice. Then I noticed that in the underbelly storage, on the same side, that the carpet I installed was also wet. I am getting leakage from somewhere, or something is not tight.

Any thoughts or concerns, before I have to take it to the dealer which is 2 hours away.

JRTJH
05-24-2016, 03:42 AM
If it only occurs when your Fresh Water Tank has vented water, I'd strongly suspect the vent hose is either loose (and leaking) at the tank connection or at the back of the side wall (fill port) connection. If it is secure there, another possibility is that a staple or screw "punched through" the hose during trailer assembly and is leaking at that location.

Since you have water in an outside storage compartment, it's also possible that the two leaks are not related and you have a door seal leaking or a void in the butyl putty around the door flange.

Further "looking" is warranted. You may well find two problems, not one.

Good Luck