PDA

View Full Version : Guidance for realigning Slide?

Garyl53
05-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Hi,
My slide was not sealing completely along the lower front edge when closed so I attempted to make some adjustments. After several hours of playing around I was never able to get the seal when closed and the seal when opened to my satisfaction without leaving some minor gaps between the sealing surfaces. The Lippert support documentation talks about all of the adjustments for the brackets and the hydraulic push rod to adjust horizontal, vertical and slide in and out extension but they don't talk about how to determine if it is aligned correctly.
For instance the distance from the outside wall of the RV, when fully open, was 34" near the bottom of the slide but was 33" near the top of the slide. This would appear that the slide needs to be lowered but I am not sure since the inside frame appears fairly equal distance from the RV inside wall.
Has anyone found a reference document about how to properly set up a slide?
Any advice is appreciated as I would like to seal out the elements when the slide is either in or out.
Thanks

Richard Noble
05-23-2016, 03:54 PM
I've tried to do this three times. Best advice, go to a pro. You can really screw this up! I did not cost me that much to have it done.

Garyl53
05-24-2016, 08:26 PM
OK thanks for the advice!