PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there!

ctbruce
05-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Coming home tonight on I-435 in Kansas City Northland there was a 5 car wreck. Vehicle 5 was a Montana 5th wheel that needed about 2 more feet to miss the next person's bumper. Don't be a statistic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sourdough
05-17-2016, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the timely update. It's the time of year to get out camping.

To piggyback on your experience: On our last day coming to our camping spot here in the FL panhandle we were traveling on I10. We saw cars backed up into the freeway from an exit that should have been relatively unused. Drove over the overpass and below was a Class A that had been hit in the side as he tried to pull from the exit ramp. It had apparently exploded and was burned up completely thru about the front half. I doubt the passengers survived. It was surrounded by fire trucks, ambulances and covered in foam. I'm sure those folks were just like we were; happy, excited and looking forward to the adventure of the trip and then, in the blink of an eye, BOOM.

Have fun in your travels and enjoy family and friends BUT please don't forget to watch out for the other guy - stay vigilant. We only get to go round once.

BOWWOW
05-17-2016, 03:02 PM
I was driving the motorhome in the Colorado mountains today and I passed by several accidents . I think due to the thick fog and failure to slow down a bit. It was also snowing lightly.Visibility at times was about 20 yards. I did Kenosha pass with the flashers on about 15 mph.

notanlines
05-18-2016, 03:08 AM
Sourdough, here is from WTXL news: "The Florida Highway Patrol says five people were taken to the hospital with serious injuries, including the driver and passenger of the RV and the driver and passengers of the cars involved."

sourdough
05-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Sourdough, here is from WTXL news: "The Florida Highway Patrol says five people were taken to the hospital with serious injuries, including the driver and passenger of the RV and the driver and passengers of the cars involved."

Thank Goodness!! From what I saw (at 60mph) it sure looked bad and it didn't look like they had a way out. Hopefully they all recover.

Just reviewed the news footage and that is the motorhome I saw. Looks pretty bad.

denverpilot
05-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Give the idiots lots of room... Always.

14george
05-19-2016, 01:29 AM
Desending off hill somebody towing a camper pulled out in frount of me wasn't going fast got stopped

gearhead
05-20-2016, 02:38 PM
I almost saw a bad one this week. I think we were on I 59. I saw brake lights ahead and traffic stopping. Turn on my hazards and slowed way down. Watching my mirror I saw a car coming on fast, oblivious to the stopped traffic. I swerved a bit in my lane to get folks attention. The fast car finally saw it. It got hard on the brakes and missed rear ending by 2 feet. I looked and the cell phone was still in the hand.

14george
05-21-2016, 02:09 AM
I almost saw a bad one this week. I think we were on I 59. I saw brake lights ahead and traffic stopping. Turn on my hazards and slowed way down. Watching my mirror I saw a car coming on fast, oblivious to the stopped traffic. I swerved a bit in my lane to get folks attention. The fast car finally saw it. It got hard on the brakes and missed rear ending by 2 feet. I looked and the cell phone was still in the hand.

That's a big problem see it all the time

Desert185
05-21-2016, 08:45 AM
They closed Hwy 80 over the Sierra last night due to heavy snow. Probably saved some folks more grief than the inconvenience caused.

sourdough
05-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Here's a link to the RV (motorhome) accident I saw on the way to our destination here in FL.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/car-engulfed-in-flames-after-crash-with-rv-on-highway/article_52cfa7cc-192c-11e6-b4dc-fba1b5263310.html

My desire for a class A was pretty much gone but I think this cements that. The guy beside me just bought a new class A a few months ago. I noticed the other evening his propane tanks sit amidship about 10' behind the cockpit and in a lower storage compartment. Me thinks I'd rather have them "back there" behind the truck.