PDA

View Full Version : Outback 277RL Hitch lights

gkainz
05-16-2016, 12:27 PM
A couple in our camping group showed up this weekend with a new Outback 277RL. They couldn't find the switch for the hitch lights on the front of the rig, and neither could any of us. This one has the fancy touch screen for almost everything inside the trailer, and I didn't spend a lot of time checking that out.

Any ideas? Seems kind of silly to put all the lights on the touch screen, especially if you just want to turn on a light that's right in front of you, and the panel is not ... :D

Pull Toy
05-16-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm not familiar with your particular unit, but if it's anything like my 2013 Alpine, check for a switch mounted inside your battery compartment, or possibly your propane locker. It is probably be where it's convenient to access while hitching/unhitching, but still out of, and protected from the weather.

Mine has a switch plate labeled "DOCKING LTS". See thumbs...

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

sourdough
05-16-2016, 03:42 PM
If they have a remote it may be able to switch them on and off. Doesn't help with finding the switch but at least they can turn them on and off.

ImTravis
05-16-2016, 04:16 PM
My buddy has an outback 277rl (2013) and I believe docking light switch is towards the bottom of the front of the trailer. Down towards the battery I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bamacamper
05-16-2016, 05:27 PM
My buddy has an outback 277rl (2013) and I believe docking light switch is towards the bottom of the front of the trailer. Down towards the battery I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 316RL and they are down towards bottom between the the battery, mine has 2 switches one for led lights the front and the other for seeing in the nite.

Outback 325BH
05-18-2016, 05:55 AM
I have a new Outback and it has two switches for the hitch lights: one for the "eyes" and one for the "smile". One switch is on the left and one switch is on the right, below the front curve about battery height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentG
05-18-2016, 10:53 AM
I have a new 277RL. The switches are as some people have indicated above. 2 switches near the battery recess in the front of the camper. One switch on each side of the battery compartment.